First Cardiology Consultants Ikoyi Vacancies
We are recruiting for the following full-time positions:
- Cardiac Sonographers with at least one-year experience. Knowledge of ultrasound machines would be an advantage.
- Radiographer with experience in medical imaging, performing various radiology procedures for diagnostics such as X-ray, MRI, and CT.
How to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application and CV’s to Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR CARDIAC SONOGRAPHER
- Monitor patients’ blood pressure and heart rate using electrocardiogram (EKG) equipment during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in order to notify the physician if something appears wrong.
- Monitor patients’ comfort and safety during tests, alerting physicians to abnormalities or changes in patient responses.
- Explain testing procedures to patient to obtain cooperation and reduce anxiety.
- Prepare report of diagnostic procedures for interpretation by physicians.
- Observe gauges, recorder and video screens of data analysis system during imaging of the cardiovascular system.
- Conduct electrocardiogram, echocardiogram, stress s testing and other cardiovascular tests to record patients; cardiac activity using specialized electronic test equipment and laboratory instruments.
- Prepare and position patients for testing
- Attach electrodes to the patients’ chests arms, and legs connect electrodes to leads from the electrocardiogram (EKG) machine and operate the EKG machine to obtain a reading.
- Adjust equipment and controls according to physicians’ order or established protocol.
- Check test and maintain cardiology equipment, making minor repairs when necessary to ensure proper operation.
- Perform day-to-day administrative tasks such as maintaining information, files, and processing paperwork.
- Schedule training, events, programs and activities as well as the work of the supervisor
- Interpret diagnostic test results for deviations from normal.
- Obtain, compile and record patient medical data, including health history, progress notes and results of physical examination.
- Provide physicians with assistance during surgery or complicated medical procedures.
- Collate records, prepare handouts and administer training protocols.
- Collect and document activities in the training center.
- Check training locations and ensure all necessary resources are available and in good working order.
- Be responsible for the completion of training activities even if they occur outside usual working hours.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the unit head.
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR RADIOGRAPHER
- Evaluate patients’ medical condition and history to determine the most suitable radiographic technique for diagnosis
- Interact with patients to offer them psychological support and address their concerns regarding an imaging procedure
- Adjust diagnostic equipment to deliver an accurate amount of radiation to patients
- Operate complex medical instruments such as CT scanners, X-ray, ultrasound, and several other imaging devices
- Direct and supervise the activities of radiography assistants and trainee radiographers
- Maintain proper records of patient details ensuring the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Follow up on patients after treatment to track the progress of recovery and ensure patients show no signs of radiation side effect
- Explain to patients and their family the details of a procedure and ways to manage possible side effects
- Regularly inspect diagnostic equipment to ensure they are functional and operate efficiently
- Assist oncologists and physicians during complex radiological examinations
- Ensure compliance with health and safety guidelines to minimize the risk of exposure to ionizing radiation
- Correctly position patients prior to X-ray imaging in order to obtain high-quality films
- Use portable devices to conduct diagnostic scans on patients who can’t move to the radiology unit.
Between 28years – 35years
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills in order to explain procedures to patients
- Supportive and caring disposition
- Good observational skills and attention to details
- Self-motivation and the ability to work under pressure
- Organisation and decision-making skills
- The ability to work both as part of a healthcare team and independently
- IT skills
- A high level of emotional intelligence to manage the emotional and distressing situations you may encounter.