Senior Operations Manager, FCC healthcare
Brief Summary & Purpose:
The Senior Operations Manager will be responsible for monitoring and improving the daily functions of the hospital, measuring the efficiency of the protocols, and building processes to support the hospital’s business strategies and growth objectives. will demonstrate great leadership skills, and He/she will be able to communicate the vision of the company across all levels and ensure that all business functions are in line with our strategic goals. The successful candidate will have a deep knowledge of all administrative hospital procedures, from creating work schedules and communicating with department managers to assisting with budgeting and maintaining appropriate stock levels. The successful candidate will use his/her organizational and leadership skills to supervise designated employees and ensure compliance with policies and regulations. Ultimately, the Senior Operations Manager will be responsible for making sure FCC operations run smoothly.
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer & Business Manager, and will be a member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Project Management
- Laboratory Services
- Front Office Customer Care
- Front Office Operations (Collections & Cash Control)
- Ancillary Support Services (Culinary Services, Security, Sanitation & Logistics)
- Bio-Medical Engineering & Maintenance
- Procurement & Stock Management
- Other responsibilities may be assigned by management from time to time.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement programs and policies for tracking business results, performing cost-benefit analyses and monitoring key performance indices (KPIs) in various areas of the hospital, including patient services, quality assurance, public relations and other departments.
- Evaluate the hospital’s performance towards its goals and prepare monthly reports for the business manager.
- Responsible for handling day-to-day decisions in clinical areas, such as medical records, surgery, Cath-lab, CT-Scan, and health information system.
- Ensure all systems operate smoothly and align with our quality standards.
- Designing and enforcing goals, creating objectives and regulations for assigned departments.
- Supervising personnel, budgeting, billing, collections and patient flow.
- Evaluating personnel and coordinating activities with other managers.
- Strategize and devise plans that will enable the hospital to attain its goals.
- Establish production KPIs and conduct quality assessments.
- Monitor daily operations and address potential issues when they arise.
- Monitor financial data and recommend solutions that will improve profitability.
- Coordinate with the HR department to ensure our hiring plans meet our business needs.
- Supervise the day-to-day administrative operations of FCC.
- Monitor expenses and suggest cost-effective solutions.
- Negotiate contracts and agreements with third parties.
- Participate in professional associations and community service activities.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned by the Board and management from time-to-time.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with the organization’s processes and protocols.
- Develop/update, and implement effective operating procedures (SOPs) and policies essential for the smooth running of all administrative functions of the hospital.
- Work with HR to ensure that FCC and its medical staff maintain their good standing by staying current in their certifications and accreditation requirements.
- Resolve potential issues with patients.
- Ensure all necessary administrative and operational systems are in place to support effective operations, track progress, and regularly evaluate program components to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the Business Manager.
Qualifications, Technical skills, and competencies
- Minimum of a BSc (Hons) 2nd Class Lower or above.
- At least 5 years of work experience in the healthcare sector, preferably in a hospital, clinic or similar healthcare provider (including 3 years in management).
- Previous experience in operations/project management or in a similar role.
- Experience with forecasting models.
- Experience with databases and project management software will be an advantage.
- The ability to interpret financial data and allocate budgets.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and hospital industry and understanding of healthcare procedures.
- Ability to contribute to business development and capacity to build and maintain relationships with corporate clients and other significant third-party relationships.
- Demonstrated success in leading teams.
- Strong administrative and leadership skills and the ability to inspire others.
- Unwavering commitment to quality and compliance.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to supervise, train and coach team members, manage and develop high-performance teams, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Leadership skills, including negotiation, problem-solving, collaboration, decision making, delegation, action-oriented and business planning.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with other departments and personnel.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to analyze data and information to determine the relationships between many facets of the organization.
- Character free of doubt
- Emotional intelligence, interpersonal skills, initiative, self-motivation
- Ability to adapt to a fast-changing environment